Thursday, October 23, 2008

BBQ and cable companies




Things I ate:

8:00 am: 2 eggs over easy, bacon and toast

12:00 pm: BBQ wrap with slaw and potato salad (Home Team BBQ)

5:30 pm: General Tso’s shimp with rice

9: 30 pm: angel hair pasta with brie and tomatoes

Things I hate : cable companies

I am getting raped by my cable company.  Not fucked.  Fucking is consensual. I am getting raped because I have no choice in the matter.  In my area, Comcast is the only cable provider, so if you want cable you have to go through them or go fuck yourself and get a shitty satellite dish.  I have experienced this in different parts of the country.  Be it Time Warner or Comcast or another provider they are the only game in town.  They have a monopoly which means they can overcharge me, give me shitty service and wander by to fix my always screwed up internet whenever the hell they feel.  They aren’t even accountable for the repairs because all the work is done by independent contractors.

      This isn’t the first time an industry has screwed the consumer due to a huge market share.  Remember, before Netflix, when Blockbuster would charge you a crazy amount for late fees?  I felt like they made more money off late fees than rentals.  And God forbid you lost a movie you would have to give them a testicle. Well now that Netflix is in the game they can’t charge late fees anymore and they haven’t gone under.

In summation, fuck you Comcast cable.  You’re like an ex- girlfriend with the clap.  I know I hate you and I know you’re no good for me but I still need you and that pisses me off.  No matter how much you charge and no matter how late you are for your appointment I still need to watch the Soup, Always Sunny, Monday Night Football, and check my Facebook so I can’t quit you, but get the fuck over to my house and FIX MY INTERNET you bastards.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment