Tuesday, January 20, 2009

eggs and Sham Wow Guy

















Things I ate:

9:00 am : 3 scrambled eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, bagel with cream cheese (pictured)

12:30 pm: leftover Andolini’s pizza, olives, chips and salsa, “everything but the” ice cream

7:30 pm: chicken tikki masala green beans

10:00 pm: more ice cream and chips


Things I hate:  Vince Offer

Vince Offer is also known as “ the Sham Wow guy”. You can check out his new spot for the Slap Chop here: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUbWjIKxrrs

 I don't so much hate Vince himself as much as I hate the condescending way he makes his pitch.   I am used to the over excitement and fatherly coaxing of more traditional pitch men like Billy Mays or the Video Professor ("try my product").  This guy is like some sort of coked up insult comic. “you following me camera guy?”  I hope this isn’t a new advertising strategy for the recession.  I wont be able to stomach the new Pepsi slogan: drink Pepsi, asshole! 

2 comments:

  1. I hate him almost as much as I hate that "Oxyclean" guy Billy Mays with the painted on beard and voice so loud it makes my ears bleed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost feel bad for making that comment now. (Mary)

    ReplyDelete